“Live Long And Prosper” – Spock
Behind the Scene
This makeup transformation was inspired by the movie Star Trek Into Darkness and took me 3 and a half hours (+ about 45 min to make the fake ears??).
Speaking of which, I molded them on my own ears using worbla (a material cosplayers will be familiar with) and then painted them so they’d look more realistic.
Leonard Nimoy’s emblematic eyes were a bit more tricky to achieve because I really wanted my eyes to look like his (and I’m saying this with the utmost respect but by that I mean wrinkled and a bit droopy). At first I thought about simply painting them and using latex to make fake wrinkles but I quickly realised it would never achieve the result I had in mind. At least not with my poor skills with latex lol…
So instead I used tape. I cut a rectangular piece for each eye and glued them about halfway through the lid. Then I pulled the tape slightly downwards so my eyes would become a bit droopy!
It’s not the work of a Hollywood SFX artist BUT it’s the best I could do back then and it worked perfectly for the final shot and for my little youtube video =D
The hair and clothes are painted but I’m also wearing an actual red pull-over over my wrist ?. Just for the final picture to look better I guess ^^
Anyhow, I was very moved when I finished this makeup. Being unable to recognise yourself in the mirror is always such a strange feeling but this transformation, more than any other I’ve done, literally gave me chills !
I loved Leonard Nimoy…?? such a unique voice and charismatic presence. If you’ve never heard him speak you need to RIGHT NOW!
This humble tribute makes me really proud and I hope you will like it too ! ??
Step By Step
I thought you’d like to see the transformation process, just in case you don’t believe I’m actually under there !!! =D
And here’s the tutorial, where you can witness my own bewilderment and watch me giggle as the transformation operates =)
– Patika Paris, Hydra
PRIMER & FOUNDATION
– NYX Professional Makeup, Studio Photogenic Primer ; Born To Glow Foundation, Medium Olive
– NYX Professional Makeup, Highlight & Contour Pro Palette
– Mehron Makeup, Mask Cover Makeup Palette
– NARS, Light 5 All Day Luminous Compact Powder
– Makeup Revolution, ‘Fierce’ Wild Animal ; Flawless Matte ; Be Crazy About ; Be Obsessed With
– NYX Professional Makeup, Cosmic Metals
– Yves Rocher, Botanical Color Brun Café
– NYX Professional Makeup, Liquid Suede ‘Soft Spoken’
– Makeup Revolution, Sugar And Spice Blush Palette
CRAYONS AND LINERS
– NYX Professional Makeup, White Liquid Liner ; Vinyl Liquid
– Maybelline New York, Hyperprecise All Day Matte Liquid Liner, black
– Kraze FX, Fundamentals 12 Color Palette
– Mehron Makeup, white clown, AQ Paradise Palette (silver)
– Snazaroo, Classic Face Paint, gold
– Maybelline New York, Face Studio Setting Powder
– Makeup Revolution, Mattifying Spray
– Mehron Makeup, Spirit Gum Liquid Adhesive
– Worbla and heating gun
So what do you think, guys? =D
I’m leaving for now but I will be back with more transformations! Let me know in the comments if there’s a person / character you’d like to see me try and turn into !
“Live long and prosper”