Welcome to my 🌸🦋 ‘Unfolding Spring’ 🦋🌸 Illusion Makeup Tutorial !
Every single year, as the tulips and crocus and fruit trees come out of their long sleep I can’t help but feel the same wonder.
I know I should be used by now to the fact that every year flowers bloom again lol but hey! their fragile beauty touches me every time. Spring is such a beautiful celebration of life, isn’t it ?!
Speaking of life, in these particularly weird times, please stay home !!! Be safe ! Wait patiently and respect the sanitary rules!
Anyhow for this week’s makeup I wanted to do another optical illusion but also to celebrate the first days of spring and sooooo this is what came out !
The illusion part was greatly inspired by the lovely and talented Mimi Choi, master of illusions!
And now let’s move on to the makeup tutorial, shall we? =)
Step By Step
Here’s my usual progress pic ! =)
The hardest part for this makeup was definitely the shaping of the ribbon (step 5 on the above picture)… You know, making sure it’d fit on my face for starter ^^ and also that it would make sense in terms of three-dimensional movement. If that makes sense lol. But other than that everything else was a lot of shading and highlighting !
Here’s the tutorial for this look, I hope you’ll like it! Let me know in the comments if you have any questions and keep scrolling down if you want to know what products I used!
Make sure you hit the subscribe button, and the little bell icon, so you don’t miss any of my new videos ! =)
These are all the products I used for this look. I know it’s a lot but hey I’m like a cook, I use lots of ingredients for my recipes =)
– Pai Skincare, Chamomile & Rosehip Calming Day Cream
– NYX Professional Makeup, HD Studio Photogenic Primer
– L’Oréal Makeup, Accord Parfait Liquid Foundation ‘Golden Beige’
– Maybelline New York, Lasting Fix Loose Setting Powder
– Arcancil Paris, Poudre Scintillante ‘Darjeeling’
Contouring, Blush & Highlight
– NYX Professional Makeup, Highlight & Contour Pro Palette
– Makeup Revolution, Sugar and Spice Blush Palette ; ‘Eye See You’ Highlighter
– NYX Professional Makeup, Eyeshadow Base, White
– BYS Cosmetics, Festival Palette
– Beauty Creations Cosmetics, Olivia Palette
– Cmaadu Cosmetics, 9 Color Diamond Eye Shadow
– L’Oréal Makeup, La Petite Palette
– Revlon, Colorstay Enigma Palette
– Maybelline New York, The Nudes Palette
– NYX Professional Makeup, Worth The Hype Mascara, Black
– Me Now, Nude Lip Crayon
– Kiko Milano, Lip Volume Plumping Effect Lip Cream 02 Transparent
– Shany Cosmetics, Cream Concealer Palette
– Makeup Revolution, SFX Ultimate Face Paint Palette
– Arison Lashes, D008 False Eyeslashes
And that’s it for this week, guys! If you want to see more illusion makeups, check out my Illusion youtube playlist and come back soon on here for another transformation !