Harry Potter is my whole life. ^^
Not only did I grow up with the books (yes Harry Potter is a book, not just movies kids lol and the books are waaaaaaay better) but I used to fall asleep e-ve-ry-sin-gle night either by reading the books, watching the 1st movie (only the 1st one yeah) or listening to an audio book (bless you Jim Dale <3).
Let’s say that back then my life was very complicated and there was a lot of loneliness involved… so Harry Potter sort of became my safe place to go to and fall asleep peacefully ^^ (Thank you Joanne)
Now I sleep like a baby thank Dumbledore but Harry Potter is still one of the best stories I’ve ever read so a few months ago I decided to do a makeup/bodypaint serie dedicated to the Wizard, his friends, enemies and anything related to the magical world.
As you can see, so far I’ve painted Hogwarts, Dobby the House Elf, my hero the brave Severus Snape (sobs) and Diagon Alley. These are not perfect but they’re my humble interpretation and I hope you’ll like them =)
And now let’s take a took at The Golden Snitch, the famous Quiddich ball Harry Potter almost swallows in his very first match and later inherits from late Dumbledore…
Step By Step
Here’s my usual pictorial of the makeup and bodypaint and further down you’ll find the actual tutorial !
Note : I wanted to add something a little bit surreal and magical to my makeup so I made the Golden Snitch’s wings with paper, painted them and glued them to the painting on my chest. Then I used a hair dryer to make them flutter 🙂
If you want to watch me paint the Golden Snitch, click the play button 😉 and thank you for watching !
Make sure you click the subscribe button (and the little bell icon as well), so you don’t miss any of my new videos !
In case you’re wondering what products exactly I used for this makeup, here’s the list ! I’m an amazon associate so if you click on the links and go on and buy something I will earn a small commission, which helps me keep this website and get new products for my videos ! So thank you if you do buy something !! <3
– Formule Norvégienne, Deep Moisture Spray
– L’Oréal Makeup, CC Cream Glam Nude
– NYX Professional Makeup, HD Studio Photogenic Primer
– Maybelline New York, Lasting Fix Loose Powder
– Arcancil, Poudre Scintillante Darjeeling
– Wet n Wild Beauty, photofocus foundation, Soft Beige
– Profusion, ‘Chestnut‘ Palette
– Maybelline New York, The Rock Nudes
– NYX Professional Makeup, Glitter Primer ; Glitter Goals Cream Pro Palette
– Makeup Revolution, Reloaded Iconic Division Palette
– BYS Cosmetics, Festival Palette
– Yves Rocher, Botanical Color Eyeshadow, Brun Café Matte
Crayons & Liners
– NYX Professional Makeup, Vivid Brights Colored Liquid Liner, Vivid Halo ; Vivid Delight ; White Liquid Liner ; Epic Ink Liner
– BYS Cosmetics, 1 Day Tattoo Liquid Eyeliner Pen
– Angelik Iffenneker, Le Sourcil Eyebrow Pencil
– Makeup Revolution, Vinyl Liquid Lipstick, Nightmare
And now, catch me if you can! 😉
See you soon with another makeup tutorial !