Welcome to the very first makeup of my Spirit Animal Serie !
I decided to do a Tiger Inspired Facepaint and Beauty Makeup because, well, the tiger is such a popular choice and also, because to me it symbolizes strength, primal instincts and the ability to trust yourself. It’s also quite a fascinating, powerful, terrifying and graceful animal all at once… and last but not least it gives you those super sexy eyes !!!! lol
I wanted the overall makeup to look like the spirit of the animal was bursting out of my face, so that’s why half of my face looks like a tiger and the rest is a beauty makeup !
But let’s take a look at the transformation process, shall we? 😀
Step By Step
Here’s my usual pictorial ! If you follow me on instagram, you know I always post progress pics along with the final picture and a short video ! I love capturing the evolution of a makeup and I always hope it helps you recreate the makeup !
I always start my makeup with a moisturizer and most of the time a primer, so the pigments look better and last longer.
Note : You don’t have to use a primer though, the main reason I like using one is because I usually film for extended hours, with three or more lights in my face and I tend to sweat after a while… so primer helps keep everything in place lol
Here I blocked out my eyebrows, with a glue stick and compact powder. And then I applied on liquid foundation
Here I created a gradient where the tiger face will be, using oil paint in the shades of light yellow, yellow and orange. I then set the paint with translucent loose powder.
Then, because I thought the paint didn’t look quite bright enough lol, I applied eyeshadows on top of it (same color as the paint, light yellow, yellow and orange).
Using a tiger reference photo I painted all the black lines on my face. They’re not lines per say, just random shapes and they’re kinda symmetrical so what you do on one side you want to try and do on the other side. Oh and I used water-activated black paint for this step
I did the black shapes on the other side and as you can see it’s not perfectly symmetrical but it sorta is lol… I think when it’s too symmetrical and identical it looks a bit less real… imperfections make it more beautiful ! =)
Here I did the eyes : I tried to give myself cat eyes with black kohl. I also put kohl on my water line. For the inner corner of my eyes I used a fluffy brush and sort of blurred out the black because that’s what it looked like on the reference photo
And this is the longest step : painting aaaaaaall the different hairs, one by one, color by color… I started with light yellow paint, then beige, then brown and finished with white. I used a detail brush … and a lot of patience lol. Make sure the hairs go over the black shapes and lines if you want realistic hairy finish
Here I added bronzer to cheek line and highlighter on the tip on my nose, cheek bones, cupid’s bow and chin
And to finish the makeup I put on lipstick (I tried four different colors until I found THE one : pinkish didn’t work, nude either, gold even less…) and green/kaki contact lenses which I think really complete the final look by giving the tiger even more feline eyes !
Here’s the tutorial !
Makeup sure you click the subscribe button, and the little bell icon as well, so you don’t miss any of my new videos! 🙂
This makeup wasn’t very long or difficult but I did use a lot of products, for some reason lol :
– Pai Skincare, ‘BioRegenerate’ Rosehip Oil
– NYX Professional Makeup, ‘HD Studio Photogenic’ Primer
– Yves Rocher, ‘Pure Light’, Moisturizing Nude Foundation
– L’Oréal Makeup, ‘Accord Parfait’ Liquid Foundation, ‘Beige’
Contouring, Highlighting, Blush & Setting
– NYX Professional Makeup, Highlight & Contour Pro Palette
– Mehron Makeup, Colorset Powder, Translucent Setting Powder
– Arcancil Paris, Poudre scintillante, Darjeeling
– Tarte Cosmetics, ‘Frosty, Slay Bells, Shimmering’, 9 Ways To Shine Cheek Wardrobe
– Biguine Paris, Compact Powder, Hâlé
– Maybelline New York, The Nudes Eyeshadow Palette
– NYX Professional Makeup, Ultimate Palette, Brights
– BYS Cosmetics, Festival Eyeshadow Palette
– Makeup Revolution, Fierce, Wild Animal Palette
– Makeup Revolution, SFX Ultimate Paint Palette
– Superstar, Aqua Face and Body Paint, line black ; white
– Snazaroo, Classic Face Paint, Barely Beige ; Yellow ; Brown
– Mehron Makeup, Clown White Lite
Crayons & Liners
– NYX Professional Makeup, Vinyl Liquid Liner ; White Liquid Liner
– Wet n Wild Beauty, Khol, Baby’s Got Black : https://amzn.to/2OBXYFu
– NYX Professional Makeup, Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick, ‘Club Hopper‘
– NYX Professional Makeup, Worth The Hype Mascara, Black
– Arison Lashes, False Eyelashes, D008
Are you a Tiger deep inside or more of an Eagle? Perhaps a sea creature…? Let me know in the comments, as I still have to pick 8 more animals to paint for this serie !!!
I will let you reflect on what your spirit animal is and see you next time with another makeup !
I love this! It actually looks like real fur!
thank you so much ! it means a lot