Greetings Makeup and Christmas lovers ! You are on my Nutcracker Makeup Tutorial !
As you can see on the above left picture, the hat is made of paper and painted. I did the same with the hair and goatee but totally forgot to take step by step pictures…
Everything else on my face is paint and makeup, including the visor (is that what you call it? lol).
This nutcracker makeup took me 5 hours, give or take, didn’t really keep track of time ! =)
I kept laughing after I painted the moustache because I thought I kinda looked like a Christmas Mario Bros. ^^
But let’s take a look at the transformation process, shall we? =)
Step By Step
If you’re going to recreate this Nutcraker makeup or something similar, the below pictorial might come in useful ! Check out picture #6 lol… can you honestly not see Mario there? Come on ! I look hilarious…
Step 1 : Be your beautiful natural self and get ready for a crazy transformation!
Step 2 : glue the hat (or wear it if it’s real one), put on your day cream, primer if you want to and block out your eyebrows with a glue stick and compact powder
Step 3 : it’s time for foundation, a peach blush and some new eyebrows. Glue your new hair or wear a wig (or your actual hair if it fits the look)
Step 4 : draw the eyes, on your eyes (it’s tricky so you might want to do this at the end so you don’t keep ruining it by closing and opening your eyes all the time. This will save you the touch ups at the end =D)
Step 5 : draw the new three-dimensional looking wooden straight nose
Step 6 : with a brown pencil, draw the moustache and fill in with brown oil paint. Contemplate the result in the mirror and laugh
Step 7 : set the oil paint with a brown eyeshadow and then give the moustache more dimension with black and white eyeliners.
Step 8 : paint the fake teeth with white paint. Don’t forget to separate them with a black eyeliner. You can also add some detail to the brows and start contouring your face a bit more so it looks glossy
Step 9 : and now you’re ready to crush some nuts ^^
If you want to watch the whole process here’s a little video I made for you guys =)
And finally, in case you’re wondering what kind of products I used for this look, here’s the complete list !
– Antipodes Skincare, ‘Vanilla Pod’, Hydrating Day Cream
– NYX Professional Makeup, HD Photogenic Studio Primer ; ‘Born To Glow’ Naturally Radient Foundation, ‘Medium Olive’ ; White Liquid Liner ; Epic Ink Liner,’ Brown’, ‘Black’ ; Vivid Brights Colored Liquid Liner, ‘Vivid Sapphire’, ‘Vivid Delight’ ; Highlight & Contour Pro Palette
– Maybelline New York, Facestudio Setting Powder – @narsissist, All Day Luminous Powder Foundation, Light 5 ‘Fidji’
– L’Oréal Makeup, ‘La Petite Palette’ (blue)
– Mehron Makeup, Spirit Gum Liquid Adhesive ; Clown White
– Superstar, Aqua Face and Bodypaint, ‘Line Black’, ‘White’
– Jane Iredale, PurePressed Eye Shadow, ‘Ebony’
– Coastal Scents, 252 Ultimate Palette
– Kraze FX, Fundamentals 12-Color Palette
– Makeup Revolution, ‘Matte Fix’ Mattifying Fixing Spray, Reloaded Palette, ‘Iconic Division’ ; SFX Ultimate Face Paint Palette ; ‘Isn’t It Peachy’ Blush Palette ; ‘Flawless Matte’ 32 Ultra Eyeshadows Palette ; I love Revolution, ‘Blood’ Palette ; Supreme Dip Liner ;Coloricon Khol Eyeliner, ‘Baby’s Got Black
– Yves Rocher, Botanical Color Eyeshadow, Brun Café Mat
And that’s it folks, I hope you have a jolly nutcracker Christmas !