Welcome to my Poor Gingerbread Makeup !
I created this look for Christmas (obviously -_-) and for this makeup I decided to do things a little a bit differently (and by a little bit I mean a lot !)
I didn’t film myself this time but instead, I took tons of progress pictures (over 80 of them !). What I wanted was to create a stop motion ‘movie’ and I think I did ok for a first time! It’s not perfect because I wasn’t always standing at the exact same spot (sigh)but now I know how to do this ! I think… lol
Seriously, can you believe the 45 sec clip I made for this look took me 2 days to edit?? ?
Yup. Two days for about 80 pictures. And the video is 45 sec long… ?
I think the result is honorable lol but I definitely underestimated the amount of work it’d require ? While editing the video I couldn’t stop thinking about these stop motion cartoons, you know? … and I was doing the math… ? if my 45 seconds video took 2 days to edit I wonder how long it takes to make a 2 hours movie
Anyway lol thanks for being here, it means a lot ! =)
STEP BY STEP
Whenever I do a makeup tutorial I always take progress pictures because I just love looking at my normal self and then at the transformed final version ! And I love showing the process, so here is my 9 steps pictorial. I hope it’ll come in useful if you try and recreate this gingerbread makeup ! =)
As I said earlier I made a ‘stop motion’ video (more of an attempt really) ; click the play button if you want to watch the process !
Finally, you might be interested in the products I use, so here’s a complete list of what I’m wearing for this Gingerbread makeup :
– Embryolisse Concentrated 24 Hour Miracle Cream (best cream ever, I love love love love it… it smells and feels so good and it’s super hydrating)
Face and Body
– ModelCo Enhancer Lip Crayon
– Mehron Makeup StarBlend Cake Makeup, Brown
– Mehron Makeup StarBlend Cake, Red
– Mehron Makeup StarBlend Cake, Green
– Mehron Makeup StarBlend Cake, White
– Mehron Liquid Face Paints – Blue
– Mehron Makeup Paradise AQ Face & Body Paint, Black
– SHANY Eye Shadow, Black Pearl
– NYX Cosmetics Make Up Setting Spray, Dewy Finish/Long Lasting
And that’s about it for this makeup guys ! I hope you enjoyed it. Please let me know in the comments below ! =)
See ya !